Hana Kazazovic or Cyber Bosanka is one of the most recognizable persons in online community in Balkans. She created a online brand that is one of the very few new things made in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) for a long time. Unlike many other famous or “famous” people from social networks she is very kind, decent and modest. People feel that she never fakes and that is one of the reasons why she is respected so much. Her answers in this interview will confirm it.
1. Hana, could one earn a decent living using the Internet in BiH?
It depends on how someone uses the Internet. There are several young entrepreneurs in BiH who earn their living just from the Internet and some of them also employ a number of other people. I also earn my salary using the Internet. So, the conclusion is that it can be done, however it all depends on how resourceful one is in finding ways to gain money from the world wide web.
2. What is the future of internet business in BiH?
I think that a parallel can be drawn to any other business in BiH. We have a great potential for development and everything depends on us how we use it. We need to invest in our knowledge in order to achieve progress in this area. It doesn’t only need the investment of money, but also the investment of our time, will and urge for knowledge.
3. Is there any progress when we compare 2008. and 2012. speaking of internet business in BiH?
Yes, there is. We have many more Internet users and a greater Internet coverage. We even have PayPal. Also, nowadays, the are many more people who profit in some forms of Internet business.
4. I`m thinking of this: people in BiH can agree with each other on nothing. Not just in political sense. But you`ve managed to find common subjects with most of the people you communicate with and you do communicate with many. What`s your secret? What should we all do to understand better each other? What do you suggest?
Thank you, this is a compliment.
I don’t have a secret, I’m just that kind of a person. I don’t think that I know all the best. Also I don’t think that I can judge anyone for what they are saying or doing. I think everyone has right to their own opinion. And that’s my starting point in communication.
That is also my advice to all – don’t judge people because you never know what lies behind their actions or words. Accept that we are not all the same, in any way. Do not treat people the way you would not wish to be treated yourself – as simple as that.
5. How does it feel like to be a person who created the Bosnian the most recognizable internet brand-„Cyber Bosanka“ (the cyber Bosnian girl)? You`re walking brand. How does it look in real-life?
It is always very interesting when I meet someone who knows me as a Cyber Bosanka, but I have to admit that near me I have more people who know me as Hana as opposed to Cyber Bosanka. I always tell myself that there is no difference today between our online and offline lives. However, in my case, it is somehow still separated.
6. What should we do to make the world watch us? What should we do to make them draw attention to our potentials?
I think that the world knows us very well and that is precisely our problem. We must show that we can be civilized and normal and then they will pay attention to our potentials. Currently, our most repetitive behavior pattern is to destroy everything and we are very good at sitting and waiting for solutions to our problems to fall from the sky.
7. What can we expect from Cyber Bosanka in the coming years?
I have some plans but it is still early to talk about them. I will certainly continue to write on the blog.