Serbian top officials met today in Belgrade to discuss the position of Serbia in upcoming talks with Kosovo officials tomorrow in Brussels.
Serbian president Tomislav Nikolić, Prime Minister Ivica Dačić, First Deputy Minister Aleksandar Vučić, Adviser to the Serbian president Marko Djurić, government’s Office for Kosovo Director Aleksandar Vulin and Deputy Prime Minister Suzana Grubješić after the meeting sent the message that Priština must make compromise in dialogue that is being held in Brussels under the sponsorship of the EU.
Serbian leadership decided tonight that Serbian delegation led by PM Ivica Dačić would still insist on compromise despite of the fact that Kosovo side didn`t show the will to do the same by now.
Adviser to the Serbian president Marko Djurić said after the meeting that Serbia expected from EU to stay neutral mediator and to encourage Priština to make compromise.
“Priština wasn`t constructive enough by now. We are sending the clear message that we expect they change their attitude and show much more willingness to make compromise”, said Djurić.
He added that Belgrade was ready to discuss all necessary matters.
“We are completely ready to discuss about police forces, judiciary and all other aspects of life. We have our vision about this process and we are willing to make compromise about this problem“, added Djurić.
Djuric thinks that Serbia already did 95% of preconditions to get a date for the start of EU membership. “We will complete the remaining 5% until April and then we will implement all political and formal preconditions to get a date for the start of EU membership“, said Djuric.
Serbian and Kosovo PMs Ivica Dačić and Hashim Thaci will meet tomorrow in Brussels to continue dialogue that is being held in Brussels under the sponsorship of the EU.
Dačić already said that Serbia had showed the will for a compromise in the talks with Priština authorities. “We don`t have anything else to propose except the Kosovo independence and we will never do it. Everyone must know one thing: we won`t give up on our legitimate interests just to get a date for the start of EU membership“, said Dačić couple of days ago.
Serbia still insists on the forming of the Association of Serb municipalities on Kosovo with its executive powers.